Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Mom


As some of you out there know, my mom passed away suddenly on Thursday May 28th. I was so shocked to hear this as was the rest of my family. I just want to say that I was so overwhelmed by the number of people that came out to show support for us and all those whose lives my mother touched. She is such an example of friendship and how to be a disciple of Christ. I hope that I can be more like her. I love her very much and will be missing her SO MUCH! I will miss being able to talk to her on the phone whenever i needed to talk, miss her advice and wisdom and her friendship. I know that i am blessed that i got to have her for a mother and learn from her. I am grateful for my dad and brothers and sister for their strength and love through this difficult time. I love you!

10 comments:

HAWAIIAN SIMPSON FAMILY said...

I'm so glad I got to see you on Sunday. Sorry about holding up the line :) I really would love to keep in touch and even get together if you're ever in Raleigh. It does make you realize how short this life can be. But it is also such a blessing to have the truthfulness of the gospel. I grow to love it more and more each day. We Alo's love you Vlazny's SOOO much!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I'm so sorry Heidi- I wish I could have been there for the funeral. It's obvious that your mom was really loved- heck, I'm gonna miss the comments "Big Momma" (that was your mom right?) was making on here for you. She seemed like a great lady. I'm gonna call you soon to see if there's something I can do for you- if you don't want to talk just don't answer :).
Love ya

Jen said...

Glad you've got a positive outlook. It's great to have such an amazing family in a time like this. Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya. Sorry about the other day, my reception isn't the greatest here in UT!

Erik said...

Heidi I was so sad to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers have been and will be with you and your family. I'm glad you have such wonderful memories. I'm remembering how your mom sang your gansta songs in her opra voice. I hope that brings a smile to your fact too. I love you!

dena4kids said...

I love ya gal! I am very sorry to hear about your Mom. I know that my phone call really cheered ya up.(hahaa=) Let me know how I can help ya! LOVE YA LOVE YA!

Ryan and Rachel said...

Heidi -- I'm 2 seconds away if you need a listening ear, soft shoulder, or free babysitter. Lots of love your way!

Suebee said...

I still can't believe it. She will be so missed by so many. Much love to you and your family.

Unknown said...

i still think of you often. you and your family are in our prayers!!

Patti said...

I am missing her SO MUCH too! Love and hugs Heidi! :D

WhettenWild said...

I'm so sorry Heidi! I've been thinking about you!